Tuesday, December 23, 2008

bloggaroo


Hey all. Thanks for your suggestions vis a vis contrapuntal guitar stuff. I'll be checking it all out!

 

We just finished a great run at Yoshi's(SF and Oakland).

 

Thursday night in SF. Derrek(friends seen, right now move),Scott(shango,natty dread,candyman)and Willard(pound for pound)all converged for a great reunion of past drummers. What a blast it was to play with everyone.

The evening was completed when the incomparable Zigaboo Modeliste sat in! Yes!

 

Sunday night Ben Goldberg came down .I was worried we'd overpower the clarinet but Tony grooved his ass off at low volume and Ben sounded great. We'll be doing gigs in February with Ron Miles and Scott Amendola.

 

The whole run culminated(for me at least)when Jim Campilongo sat in.

That's my kind of guitar hero! He really kicked us into another gear!

I highly recomend his two discs "Heaven Is Creepy" and "American Hips".

 

Peace,

 

CH

5 comments:

Jon Bern said...

Hey Charlie! Thanks for an amazing show in Cambridge, MA. I really enjoyed the double bill with saxophonist Daniel Bennett. see you on the east coast soon!

Stacy said...

Charlie, Fabulous, amazing, excellent, day-making, heart stopping show in Cambridge. Looking forward to your next show in Boston. I first learned about your music 2 years ago and am now hooked, a lifer, you got me 'till the end. Cheers!

sari said...

Hi -

I have a friend that owns an independant record store here in town, he was playing your CD last week one night when I went in to shop and I love it and bought it right there.

Thanks for the great music, have a terrific new year. Maybe you'll make it out to Arizona sometime soon!

Unknown said...

Darn it! Knew I should of MADE time to go see you while you were here in the Bay Area. Haven't seen Jim play since, damn, Klub Komotion Days, a long, long, long time ago! I even remember seeing the Beat Nigs there!! ;D ha Happy to still be able to see and hear both you and Michael today as well. Carrie

Dan Becker said...

Charlie, I saw you last summer in Chicago. Did you get a chance to check out Bobbie Broom when you were in town? He's one of my favorites here- really nice harmony, sweet lines, and can make a nice chord melody thing happen on the head.
Dan Becker